Total Pageviews

Friday, August 30, 2013

Resume and Cover Letter for Industrial Training for Students



Both the samples resume and application are extracted from my book Student’s Industrial Work Experience Scheme Hand Book

CV or Resume
A resume or CV contains the brief detail or background of an applicant; it is the written record of education, job experience and other relevant information about the applicant.
The followings are sample of resume for students seeking industrial attachment. This is only a sample and it should not be used as a standard. It is only a guide

Sample Resume 1

Okoremu Ifeoma Frances
4 Samwarri Street, Warri,
Delta State.
08030000000
okoremufrances@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE 
To acquire experience in my field of studies and to gain practical knowledge, to enable me correlate the field knowledge with the theories in school.

EDUCATION
Enugu State University Of Science And Technology (ESUT), Enugu
Degree: Bachelor of Engineering, (in View)
Grade point average: 3.5
To graduate in 2014

SPECIAL SKILLS
* I learn rapidly and work well with people.
* I am skilled in AutoCARD, Microsoft office and using the Internet.
* I am eloquent.

HOBBIES
* Exercising
* Playing Chess
* Reading

ACTIVITIES
Member of the Nigerian student’s Rights Organization and Society of Civil Engineers

WORK EXPERIENCE
6/08–9/08
Road construction Site Foreman for 6 hours daily

9/07–5/08
Part time Cyber cafe attendant

REFERENCES
Dr Morris Nwagbara
HOD Department of Civil Engineering, ESUT.
0806666666
(you can make the references to be two or more)

Sample Resume 2

Onyema Chinedu
4 Samwarri Street
Warri. Delta state                                                            
Tell: 0803800000000

Objective
To work with existing staffs and facilities so as to acquire skills and experience that enhance effectiveness in my field and course of study.
Personal Date
State of Origin:                                       Enugu
L.G.A:                                                   Udi
Sex:                                                       Male

Academic Qualification
Nachi primary school, Udi             -        1996
Primary school leaving certificate
Lagos Boys High School Ikeja       -        2002
SSCE
Institute of Management and
Technology (IMT)                         -        2013 till date
ND (inview)

Hobbies
Reading, playing scrabble game and composition of poems.

Referees
Prof P. O. Okeke
Head of Department,
Business management,
IMT, Enugu.
0803000000

Sample cover letter (Application letter)
This is just a sample of a cover letter for students seeking industrial attachment. This should not be regarded as a standard. However it can serve as guide to writing a better application letter. The salient issues and information to be covered as recommended by ITF are included. Don’t copy word for word rather you can follow the pattern.

4 Samwarri Street,                                                                             
Warri,
Delta State.
28 may 2013

The Manager,                                                                                                                    
Oil and gas resources Nig. LTD
Sir

APPLICATION FOR 12 MONTHS INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT

I am applying for a 12 months industrial attachment in your Establishment.
I study computer Engineering, from the Imo state polytechnic Imo. I am currently an ND final student, hoping to round off in six months time.

The industrial attachment is part of the requirement for my graduation and to award me ND certificate in Computer Engineering. The training is needful as it will help me gain practical knowledge so as to complement the theory in school.

I am applying to this company because of its reputation and facility, and the wide range of knowledge available to me and its relevance to my field of studies.

I would want to gain experience in the area of soft ware development and maintenance, and I know your company has what it takes to impart me.

I will be available to discharge my responsibilities appropriately, and to obey the rules and regulations of this company.

I have enclosed my resume and relevant credentials for your assessment.

I look forward to having an interview with you at your convenience.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Yours Faithfully

Okoremu Godwin 


No comments:

Subscribe Me

Subscribe Me
Latest PostUpdate